Monday, September 19, 2016

London calling via the red telephone box

One must see these in person to really get just how iconically magnificent and red they are . While in London I did lots of studies and sketches of them and took many photos of the red telephone boxes . I was quiet frankly obsessed with them , they are a perfect pop of colour after all .There were several different versions some in London were different from the ones in country England . They are from slightly different eras apparently . Only to the artistict eye would you pick up this kind of detail . 


Sketch away I did in my little make shift Paddington studio . Very dim lighting but I did truly love the light in London very different from sunny Queensland Australia for sure . I actually felt right at home in England and somewhere on my family tree is a bit of English heritage . I loved the cold as I intensly hate the heat . 


Here I am braving the cold and suffering for my art trying to get the right night shot of this scean that is my latest Alice painting ' LONDON CALLING ' . Oddly I remember after this going to church at Westminster Abby and thanking God for my gift of painting . All the while completely side tracked by the architecture of this magnificent church  . I am a big fan of travel and experiencing life also painting what I love and what I can't look away from . 


Here is one of my London telephone boxes with a galaxy night sky inside it . My name is starr I have at thing for stars lol . In this instance I think it works beautifully . It's painted on Belgium linen with acrylic , ink ,spray paint and watercolour effects . It's oddly quiet detailed when you see it in the flesh . It's avaible via the redhill gallery for LONDON CALLING solo show opening 8th of October . 


What's better than one red telephone box you may ask !!!!!! I say lots of them . I somehow don't think my adventures in London are quiet over yet . My red telephone box replica is actually going to be very soon moving into my studio after its debut at the gallery . Yes I knew when I saw them ' I had to get me one of these ' 

1 comment:

  1. Call in to a Tottenham Hotspur game while you are in London and cheer on one of the greatest football teams in the world for me;-)

    ReplyDelete