Friday, September 14, 2012

stewart macfarlanes book launch

                 Well i am terribly excited about Stewart macfarlanes book launch at the GOMA gallery book store . Its on at sat the 15th from 2 till for 4 , he will be talking and also signing copies . I am a huge fan of his work and was his model for a few years . In fact some of those paintings are in his new book . I have always thought hes the finest figurative painter in the country and a truly inspiring artist with his dedication to his craft being second to none.  Make sure you get in a get a signed copy ..................... especially if your like me and you just love artist books . x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, how fantastic Starr, I hope you will be there as one of his muses, us people will love it! Wish I could buy a painting someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u so have to own one of stewarts paintings flora !!!!!! would be just awesome in your collection .

      Delete
  2. I would love to get one of these books,Starr.But I've just been made redundant from my job of 24 years,so I'll have to watch the pennys for a while until I can get a new gig...or win the lotto.
    But it is on my wish list.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. darren i am so sorry for your job loss ,24 years is a long time, was that to do with the recent gov job cuts .................i am sure a much better gig will pop up soon .

      cheers starr

      Delete
    2. No it was to do with a giant Swedish Furniture chain,who I didn't really enjoy working for,to tell the truth.
      It was just a means to meet my mortgage repayments.
      My wife who does work for the government,was facing redundancy the day after I lost my job,but she survived the cut,which was just as well,because it pays better,and she enjoys where she works.
      I got $30 000 out of them,so I should be right for half a year or so,if I don't land a job in that time,but I think I'll land on my feet.
      It's probably all for the best in the long run anyway,I need a change from that mind numbing routine.

      Delete
  3. sadly darren i am a huge fan of the nameless swedish furniture company !!!!!!!! i am sure you will land on your feet and it will be a job you actually like next time . and a change is always good for the soul .

    ReplyDelete