Wednesday, August 15, 2012

its been a year since you left this world

Its been year since you left this world and your forever missed by your fans and me . Your music touched a generation and totally rocked my world . While you may have heard of a band from the 80's called WARRANT , jani lane was the singer and songwriter . His most famous hit was CHERRY PIE so now your thinking yes i have heard that song . You may have even danced to it at an 80's theme party at sometime in your life .

I am a huge glam rock fan and just loved the 80's and have spend much time over the years in a very special place on this earth called HOLLYWOOD thats where the jani's of the world came from .  In fact on a few of my trips i encountered him , i was completely speechless not by his appearance which had long since faded but to be in a room with a supreme talent such as him . !!!!!!!!!

When i was a teenager i danced around to his music in my bedroom and sketched his portrait as often as i could which was a lot you should have seen my school diaries .I thought school diaries were actually visual diaries ? While growing up it was his music that got me though some very tough times in my teens . However its was his lyrics that inspired many of my paintings years ago and even to this day . Music comes and goes but there was just something about the song and dance man that jani was that just inspires . Painting his portrait is childs play for me to interpret his lyrics into a massive abstract is something totally else . He truly was a modern day POET.

This is ULTRAPHOBIC , still do this day one of my favourite paintings .The anger and hurt that i felt when this was painted was intense , i never paint when i am upset cause if i do this is what my work turns out like .  Your memory will live forever and your now in HEAVEN , just as your song says . x 

No comments:

Post a Comment