Monday, July 30, 2012

RIP adam cullen

I was so saddened to here of adam cullens death . Hes one of australian's most famous painters and very few will ever achieve what hes done . I loved his work as hes got a unique style all his own . I had only recently stayed at the CULLEN hotel and its has his paintings all over it in every room was delightful to be surrounded by his powerful art .

According to newspapers he had suffered from bi polar and depression . When i heard that i thought really what talented artist dose not i know lots and they all have various bouts depression and more serious forms of it . Blue days are just something artists live with , i know i do . I always took it as with the gift of my talent  i also got blue days that forever more i will deal with . Its the whole sweet and sour bit really , you cant have one without the other . Also no matter how far you reach in your career and how many accolades its will never be enough to stop the artistic temperament creeping up on you .

Health is another big issue the newpapers noted with adams passing . I think its very tough for a modern painter these day health wise . We are not just using acrylic or oils we are using multimedia as well , spray cans etc ...................the list goes on. All this over time is a very deadly cocktail and a product of our modern society and our wanting to be so original we will try lots of toxic new techniques . However without of health we have nothing . I take the whole health thing very seriously ..................i wear lots of gas masks at certain stages of my paintings and eat a very simple raw diet in the hope that even if chemicals do get in my system its so healthy it gets rid of it . ventilation is also important .Isolation is also a very hard emotional ride that artist's self inflict like its our badge of honor . I am always anti drugs and would prefer to run everyday to get a natural high that only exercise can achieve . I however think you can only do what you can and being a positive person is a good thing and having positive people around you on your blue days is a must .

 Adam has achieved the ultimate goal of immortality this has always been the dream of the modern painter . !!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. It's a great loss in the art world.
    I did a post on my blog about him,too ;

    http://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/adam-cullengone-at-47.html

    I love his painting of
    Nelson and Koko (Red Dog).

    Dying at 47 hits home to me,as that's the age I am as well.

    ReplyDelete